Swag Bucks

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thank You Emergency Fund

I must say that I am so grateful for our emergency fund. We had to have some work done on the truck for some electrical issues. Turns out that store gave us the wrong plug and it shorted everything. After many attempts, which would make for a great blog, we gave up and took it to a professional. It costs a pretty penny to fix it. We had to borrow from the E Fund. I was freaking out a little when RJ told me the final bill was $300. Eeek! We did have another few knick knacks done to it with the locks and window which we know now wasn't really a necessity. His paycheck on Tuesday was short his stipend pay too, Shoot! The last paycheck 2 weeks ago we got our budget to zero. Nothing to fall back on for the next two weeks. Frugal living for sure! RJ sweetly reminded me that we have the E Fund and that is why it is there. (Reminder that we cut all credit cards). I was so relieved and almost had forgotten about the fund. I literally had to go to the bank and draw the $ out. I can't wait for his next paycheck so we can replenish it. I feel like I'm going to go crazy now that there isn't that $1000 in there.

Also the vehicle is back up for sale. Lots of hits but no grabs yet. We are lowering the price a smidgen. Either way it should sell. It is just under KBB so a great deal, and for a nice vehicle (sigh). I'll miss it when it sells.

Have you had to dig into your E Fund? If so how did it make you feel and how quickly did you get it paid back?

No comments:

Post a Comment