Swag Bucks

Friday, March 27, 2009

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

Over at The Grocery Cart Challenge they are having a recipe swap. This is my first time posting but am an avid follower. She is also a fellow Oregonian. ;) Head over there to check out many other recipes. You will NOT be sorry you did.


Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
10-12 Four Tortillas
2 C. Cooked diced or shredded Chicken
2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 C. Sour Cream
1- 4 oz can Diced Green Chili's
1 Can Olives sliced
1 Small Onion chopped
2 C. grated Cheddar cheese
1 C. Monterrey Jack cheese
1/4 C. Milk to thin sauce



1). Mix soup, chicken, green chili, olives, onions sour cream and 1 1/2 C of the cheese. Thin with about 1/4 C milk. (More or less to your liking)


2). Spread small amount on bottom of pan


3). Spread tortilla with mixture 1/3 C or so, spread it out as much as possible, then roll as tightly as you can. Placing seam down in pan. reserving about 1-2 C sauce for when pan is full.
Repeat with rest of tortillas till pan is full.


4). Pour rest of mixture onto top of enchiladas ans sprinkle with remainder or cheese.


BAKE 375 for about 45 minutes


Serve with salsa and chips (optional).


*This is a recipe from my SIL Michelle and is literally one of my favorites. I can eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I even love to take a bite before reheating them.


If you try these, again leave me a comment and tell me what you thought, variations you tried etc....

2 comments:

  1. I love enchiladas...especially smothered in cheese! :) I wanted to thank you for commenting on my blog...I'm glad you did so that I could find yours. I've enjoyed browsing! I wish you and your family the very best on becoming debt-free. It sure looks like you're well on your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make this recipe all the time -one of my favorites too!
    Trisha F.

    ReplyDelete