Swag Bucks

Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Madness and Meal Planning

I must admit after a terrible week of illness I am not up for any sort of meal planning. I am tired, run down and make it through a shower and then need to rest. I had no idea how much influenza can kick someone down. It has gone through our house like mad. I ended up the worst but my poor baby was a close 2nd. For those exciting few days you can click on this site: http://bestoftheworsts.blogspot.com/



My menu this week is going to be simple.



Monday- Leftover pizza, fruit



Tuesday- Quesadillas (Since we didn't have em last time), with cheese and Chx, fruit medley and corn.



Wednesday- Crock pot lasagna. Not sure on the recipe but if it rocks I'll post it.



Thursday- Breakfast for dinner. Eggs and french toast with strawberries & whip cream (If I can get to the store).



Friday- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas



Saturday/Sunday- Cannot even think this far. Will edit later this week.





I am lacking on groceries since we were all sick this past week. I learned a lot about unexpected things in the budget. Not only were we in survival mode this past two weeks with our budget we were in survival mode in surviving. :) Plagued by the flu, horrible coughs, congestion and fevers, this house was a sad place to be. We were a little stressed over RJ's unexpected less of a paycheck 2 wks ago and with several dr visits now under our belt we will be most likely putting a hold on lour snowball. We already borrowed from the E Fund, but that's okay. We are learning and have learned quickly that we need to be prepared. Without those credit cards to fall back on.....



SO with all of this it will feel good to go over our budget for the next two week. Get areas replenished and pay off those pesky unexpected nuisances. On top of that we need to budget better and lower for groceries since we did some drive-thru and take our while under the weather. Have to admit the hubby made lots of grilled cheese sandwiches while I was down. They weren't too bad either. Think the kids are a little worn out with them but he did good!



This week on my list in home made laundry soap. I'll let you know how that goes. 1st time to make it so we will see how it goes. We will need to have some sort of scent in there or it will drive us crazy. If we can handle it we will continue it, if not then o'well, we gave it a try.



Here's to a much better week.

No comments:

Post a Comment