Swag Bucks

Saturday, March 14, 2009

PRAISE GOD! Sold-Sold-Sold

It has been the song of the week. "Praise God from whom all blessings flow". I have seen God's hand in more things this past week than I have ever before. His timing, His presence, His guidance, His work, His faithfulness! We have had so many little things happen that I know it was in His timing or because He totally had his hand in it. Just today some big blessings:
1. I had a good Dr appt. I had little reason for concern to begin with but have a small anxiety issue when going to the dr. Not sure why. I've never had an unpleasant visit. So God had his hand in being with me at this visit without a doubt.
2. I helped at the School Auction where my 3 girls attend. First the enrollment was down almost 50% this year from the last. Second, the donations were down. I helped make calls and it was tough to be turned down and know it is from the suffering times. Third, the giving within the community and people who attended was down as well. This was to be expected, but boy is God great. The out poor of prayer from family and friends and faithful supporters of the school was tremendous. People still gave, some gave generously the hard earned money they made, some I am sure gave just what they had. I believe that the auction was a great success. I cannot wait to find out the actual numbers.
3. I was able to help someone due to Gods perfect timing. On my way home from the auction I noticed a vehicle at a McDonald's that was being pushed through the drive thru. I instantly recognized the car, my DD Pre-k teacher, and was able to pull in and see if I could be of any help. Right before that I had dropped my sister off. We decided to chat for a bit. Isn't it amazing how 30 seconds sooner I would have missed them needing help getting jump started. God surely had his hand in that as well.
4. We finally sold the Tahoe. The drastic measure we have taken to help get ourselves out of debt have been followed by hurdles and unexpected trials. Through uncertainties, God, like always, remained faithful. WE knew without a doubt that the perfect person to buy this vehicle would be brought a long. It turns out that person came along today. A wonderful couple about our age, have four children just as us, and best of all, Believers in GOD! My husband spoke to them for quite a while and through conversation even a small friendship formed. They even gave credit to God in the sale and purchase of the Tahoe. God kept it in our possession until they found it. Isn't God great?? There is more to the conversations they had that I wish I had time to share. If you have time check out those two links (hurdles and unexpected trials) You will better understand how we see nothing but Gods perfect timing in all he is doing.
We feel so blessed to not only have all these things just today but that God has really opened our eyes to see these things at all. We have wasted so many hours and days of our lives not appreciating the fact that we can see God in ALL things, at any moment, yet we don't give him that credit. It's not that I purposefully didn't want to, I just never looked for it. Now I do all the time. Just wanted to share. When I know that the transactions are made I will excitingly see my little $ sign at the top of my page get a little closer to wear it needs to go. To ZERO!
Praise God for a successful and blessing filled day!

1 comment:

  1. God is amazing. Just when you think you understand something, He proves us wrong. I have never seen Him work in my life more than this lats year. I don't understand His timing, but I no longer question it.

    I'm glad that this week has been such a blessing for you guys.

    ReplyDelete