Swag Bucks

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Few Blogging Thoughts

As I read and read and read others blogs I sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed. That maybe I am not doing enough for people to get anything out of my blog. Then I realized that it doesn't matter what and how often I blog, it is what I am doing. It is working for me, someone who never thought it could work for them. So I am a walking example. I may not be the perfect housewife, cook, mom, organizer, declutterer, blogger and money pincher but I have started. We all have to start somewhere right?



I have four kids, I am tired. Tired all the time. I stay up late at night just to have those precious moments with my husband, to cook those Homemade Bagels so the family has something fresh and fun for breakfast, to get those loads of laundry finished and put away even though it is the kids job to put their own away. To get those dishes washed because there is nothing worse than waking up in the morning to dishes in the sink. I am up a few times a night helping someone go potty, get a drink of water, need consoling after a bad dream, give medicine to the one coughing all night. I am tired!!!



Why all this babble?? Today in Bible study I learned a few things. I know that there are many things to being a Christian. I sometime feel like I have it all figured out. Really?? That's news to God. If I had it all figured out I wouldn't feel the need try a little harder, include my kids more in the kitchen, not be so lazy, give without reservation, and be happy doing all the things in the previous paragraph. And not worry about being tired. We all are blessed with talents and gifts for serving and giving. I sometimes feel like I am not sure what mine are. After this morning I now know that my first priority after Christ is the home. I am accomplishing great things, cooking, and baking things I never imagined to save us money, help be frugal in groceries, food, meals, and spending. I am serving God by serving my family. You know, I did kind of know this but sometimes when I am just feeling in the dumps its a great reminder to why and who I am ultimately serving.



SO no matter where I am in this financial journey I cannot compare myself to anyone else. They all started somewhere. Their ideas came from trial and error at times. They may have had days where they don't want to blog, or cook, or clean, but we keep going. I am so grateful for the blogs I follow and even some other I am not following publicly but read. ;)



So keep on the keep on. I know that the benefits outweigh the stress of this all. The snowball is slow when you don't' have anything left to sell. :) It feels a bit discouraging. But I will move past this moment and know that I am doing! Doing something that is and that is what matters most. I am serving a great and mighty God. We are being better stewards with our money. We are giving like never before to our church, each other and to others that need it. We are seeing a future of freedom from our bondage of debt and that is what this is all about!



As my kids love to sing in children's worship, "My God is so great so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do". Thanks kiddos for the beautiful reminder. All things are possible through him!!!

5 comments:

  1. I just want to tell you I really enjoy reading your journey to get out of debt. It is so motivating. We have several thousand of debt ourselves and our trying to get a better hold on where are money goes and just plan managing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making me cry over here. Being reminded that you are importnant to other people is hard. You get so lost under all of the daily things. Thank you for writing that. I have been feeling the same way. I've been getting lost under the piles of medical bills, recipes, coupons and laundry and I'm trying to make my way out. Thanks for that reminder.

    I am new to this journey and I am so glad that you are blogging. And I am glad that you aren't doing it sooo much. Sometimes there are to many post to read on other people's blogs that it just doesn't seem that they are actually living their life. Its like all they do it blog. At least we know that you are real!!

    Anyway, thanks for the reminder and being so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to let you know I think what you are accomplishing is wonderful and inspiring. As you may know we are in a heap of financial debt and trying hard to get on track. I get inspired by reading your blogs. You are doing wonderful things so keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and want to say it is refreshing to find someone so transparent. Most people who blog look like they have it altogether and it can be discouraging....thinking you aren't "there". You are right...everyone has to start somewhere and congratulations!
    Looking forward to keeping up with your blog!

    Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the lovely and encouraging comments. I know that I get very overwhelmed reading others blogs. I have to also remember my goal in blogging on this is to enjoy it, document it and let the news out what we can do to be debt free; even if the things we do seem little or unimportnant. I appreciate you all following. I am anxious to get on everyone elses blogs this week and catch up too. :) Heres to becoming debt free!!!

    ReplyDelete