Swag Bucks

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lots and lots!!

So this week marks a lot of things that have been happening. We celebrated our daughters 7th bday,(which we spend a whopping $5 for sidewalk chalk for her as her gift) Only because we bought the food for two meals for family. That was WAY more than we thought it would be but there are a lot of us between both families. My cousin got engaged, someone close to me is pregnant, (Can't say who yet), my daughter was asked to be a flower girl in my cousins wedding, my sweet hubby is graduating from college with his Bachelor of Arts Degree in management. We are smitten about this. (God has been good to us during this journey)! I am feeling better from my cold, my sister and I are beginning a journey to lose weight, and I am down 4 pounds in 36 hours. Just by cutting back.

The meals in this house will change drastically. No more fatty, greasy, and unhealthy cooking. Maybe a splurge every so often but come on, being this big isn't fun. My knee hurts, I'm tired all the time, no desire to get out in the sun in shorts (my favorite thing to wear) and tired of not treating my body like a temple. God has blessed me with working parts and I ought to make use of them to my best potential. So my meal plans will look different. I will include recipes if anything spectacular. And cost effective of course.

Meal plan:
Monday-Hot Dogs
Tuesday- Rice-a-roni, apples, and bread
Wednesday-hot dogs at church (mmm, kids aren't tired of em yet)Pinewood Derby night!
Thursday- Roast, veggies and homemade rolls or french bread
Friday- ?? Up in the air. If home then Mac and cheese, from a box. ;) Salmon for me!
Saturday- RJ graduation, something quick, not sure
Sunday- Dinner at in-laws ?

We are living scarcely this next few weeks. Doing the zero balance budget is a great way to be accountable to the extra spendy but makes for being bummed when you want to splurge but there isn't enough $ to do so. We have about 30 bucks for emergency food buying. We will live on what is here, mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, etc... The freezer will be empty like the fridge is now. We are resorting to what is in the freezer and cupboards. But it will be enough. Just gotta get creative.

My weakness: I love Tupperware. I use it for everything and rarely use baggies. Saves me unnecessary $ on lunch Baggies that get tossed just to put bread or a sandwich in one time. I could spend on Tupperware like mad. It is lifetime guarantee. For life. They will literally replace anything that breaks. As long as you didn't put it in the microwave when it says not to. ;)

SO I am smitten this week with a lot of great things happening. God is good and remains faithful in our home, family, schools, friends, and even in our budget.

Have a great week and continue to find changes you can make to save money and not charge on credit cards. Summer is coming. Are you having a garage sale? If you haven't used it in the past year or worn in in the last 6 months, it must go. I'm having one soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like y'all are really trying hard to do good on your budget. It can be "trying" at times, can't it? But you're doing the right thing. "Right" things aren't always easy. :) I think I may try your Wheat Bread recipe, by the way! It sounds good.

    ReplyDelete