Swag Bucks

Monday, April 13, 2009

~Blessings~ (and Monday Madness and Meal Planning)

I was stressing a little the past few weeks on my blogging. I was feeling really overwhelmed and wondering if it's even worth it. After a little venting I know that I am #1, documenting our journey! And second it is a hobby. I love to talk and blogging is such a great outlet. When I discovered people really didn't want to hear RJ and I talk about the things we were doing, this made perfect sense. Put it out here. If people want to read and know how we are doing it, what our progress is then they can visit here at anytime. If not, they don't have to. Makes sense. I also feel a little off about the content. I am at a stand point in the book. Sorta just in the snowball phase. Not much new info to go in depth about.

I didn't want this to turn into a "food blog" but must say that as the woman and care taker of the home, oh yeah, and the chef, I am doing so much food wise to help us save. I am excited so I want to share. I also LOVE the things that happen when you put yourself out there.



With Easter being yesterday I thought I would share some of our recent blessings.....

First and most important.... Our blessing of Easter! He is RISEN! I must say that as a follower of Jesus this is my most favorite holiday! The music in church is wonderful too. On my other blog I posted THIS so everyone could hear my most favorite song. I hope that you take a few minutes to listen to it and let it move in you. This was the most important blessing we celebrated this past week. Here are a few others....



Our friend Lisa made it through the past week as she layed to rest her infant son. If you listened to the song above you may have saw and clicked on her site and read her story. She is such an amazing woman. She is a blessing, her family is a blessing and baby Logan is a blessing! God is so good!



Some less important but special blessings~
Piano Lessons:
We decided to add to our budget piano lessons for the older two girls. I know that Dave may or may not support that. Sometimes there is so much focus on sports and other activities that as an adult you rarely get to continue doing. We both wish we would have had some sort of piano/music lessons. Hmm! Living through our kids?? ;) So we felt it was important. And they have been asking. We have the cash and it seems to be a small sacrifice with life long benefits. Blessing #1!

Teacher! The wonderful person doing lessons is doing it for a very small charge. He is incredibly talented with a music degree. He plays many instruments and leads the choir at our church and sometimes the worship. (and he is in his mid-twenties) He is blessed. Blessing #2!

A piano! We do not have one but my parents do. They literally live a half mile away so we can stop by there on the way home from school to practice. Blessing #3!

Ideas! We went to in-laws to celebrate my niece and nephews bdays. Another family there suggested our local Craig's List for a used piano. They found one for $100. They said it is great to have a piano so close by BUT it is hard to go each and everyday and has been beneficial to have one in their house. What a great idea. With that I began searching and saw many for around $100. Blessing #4!

Generosity! I decided to go out on a limb and post on my FB status that we were looking for a piano. I have had a few people message me regarding knowing someone who is selling one. A young lady from our church has one that they used as children in their home and she talked to her mom. Her mom said that we could have it!! Can you believe the generosity of people? BIG blessing #5!

I think we will say we are borrowing it long term just in case one of the kids want it back when they have a house/family! But this is a huge blessing. The girls were so happy when I told them.


Blessing #6 FOOD to nourish our bodies~
MEALS THIS WEEK

Monday~ Pork Roast, steamed broccoli, homemade bread of some sort.

Tuesday~ Mac and Cheese with fruit, green beans

Wednesday~ Homemade Pizza and homemade sauce, cheese and peppers.

Thursday~ Aunt Betty's Chicken. Will share this recipe soon. It is SO good! Corn and fruit.

Friday~ Breakfast for dinner. Homemade French toast using my white bread recipe in bread maker, bacon, and fruit.

Sat/Sun~ Leftovers and meal at in-laws. Trying to remember if there is a bday party this week. ;) (so many this time of year)

Enjoy your week. Monthly wrap up may not come for March. My intentions are their but we have had a lot going on and RJ is using the computer a lot more with his final home stretch in school before graduation. Will work on it though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment