Swag Bucks

Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday Madness & Menu Planning

This week is quick and simple. RJ gone a lot again. He is down to the wire in school. Only a few shorts weeks before graduation. Wow! I recall when he decided to embark on this journey and we couldn't imagine 16 months of papers, research, power points, projects, late nights and more reading than he has done in ten years. Here we are on the final home stretch. I am so proud of my sweet hubby! He is a hard working man and has always worked hard so I can be home with the kids. What a GREAT man. A man following God's calling to serve his wife and children by being the provider. When he is not busy providing he is almost always home with us. I take this for granted sometimes and I really wish I didn't. I have to remind myself often of how greatly I have been blessed.I cannot imagine how excited God was when he had in his mind to bring the two of us together. I know how I feel, and I know my feeling are small to Gods.

This week we will have only 2 meals out of 5 as a complete family. We will have to make it a point this weekend to spend some extra time together. Speaking of this weekend, which actually has something to do with finances, or saving money..... I planted my seedlings today. RJ is going to rent some equipment Saturday and work on a small area in our yard for a garden. Well we are going to attempt it. We have a small yard, a dog, and a pool that goes up for the summer. So it will be a tight squeeze. I purchased things that are our favorite. If it works we will be saving about or between $20-$50 after everything. Worth it? maybe not BUT it is some money AND a great thing for the kids to do. It will be fun.

Our meal plan this week......

Monday~ We FINALLY had Creamy Chicken Enchiladas. They we so delicious! I also made homemade rolls. Mmmm! Feeling the total carb overload!

Tuesday~ Beef Noodle Casserole and green beans. This is my moms recipe and I love it. Will share one of these days on my family blog for Thursdays Radical Recipes.

Wednesday~ Papa Murphy's Pizza in Tillamook OR. Heading there to visit my dear best friend Trish. Cannot wait to spend a whole day together. The kids will have a total blast!!

Thursday~ Nachos, nachos, and more nachos with cheese, salsa, sour cream, and poss a meat. ? The kids love it when they get to eat chips for dinner.

Friday~ Baked Potato with all the fixens (chili, cheese, sour cream, and bacon, if the kids don't eat it first.

Saturday/Sunday~ Lots of bday parties and Easter Celebrations. He Is RISEN! Ah, love this time of year!


Sack Lunch tidbit:

I have chosen to use Tupperware, gladware and ziploc containers in the kids lunches instead of sandwich baggies. I have bought the containers slowly over the years, and with lunch meats so I think it compares in cost. Just a thought. I like using them. And the kids love em. Less garbage and less costs. We also use water bottles for juice or water or a sports drink instead of pouch or box drinks. The kids love water so I am happy about that. Anything different they love since I am always saying "no" to everything. ;)
If you have any lunch ideas, things that work for you PLEASE share. This is a big dislike of mine in the mornings. I try ot get most of it done the night before but I just wish they could have hot lunch each day. :)

Way behind on my monthly wrap up so March's is coming soon. I will be without a computer for a bit so maybe this weekend.

Hope you all had a great Palm Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment