Swag Bucks

Friday, May 15, 2009

Blog Hiatus

Yep! That's what I've been doing. I have realized a few things in the past month. I have been needing to focus on a few other, should I say, more important things. I have had 3 friends suffer significant losses, the ones we as mothers can't hardly bare to imagine. One whose baby made it to just a few weeks shy of his due date, by the grace of God. He was diagnosed with a lethal genetic disorder and behind praying for ultimate healing, they prayed that God would give him some life outside of the womb. He answered that prayer and my dear friend had an hour and a half with their sweet Logan before he entered into the arms of Jesus.
Another friend just three days after sharing the news with me that they were expecting went in for her 20 week ultrasound, ecstatic to find out the sex of their baby, instead found that their little son had no heart beat. She was and still is devastated!
And the most recent, just a week ago a friend was pregnant with twins, her first children, was not feeling well for a few days. After terrible back pain that kept her from going to work for several days she finally got in to the dr who discovered in her ultrasound that one of the baby girls was taking most of the fluid/nutrients while the other was much smaller. The very next day she ended up in labor and delivery giving birth to one stillborn and one that breathed life for a short time before going to be with the Lord.
My heart is still so heavy for these mothers. I think of them and begin to pray for peace and strength and I just want to fall apart. If I could only take their pain, even if just for a moment so they can feel happy again. I know that it will come in due time but it still stinks. I have done meals, prayed and tried to offer help. I know that is well but still doesn't feel like enough. I decided to bag the blogging and just "be" for this past few weeks. Just focus on me and my family. To read my Bible. I have enjoyed it!
So I am back and feeling good. Summer is right around the corner. It is actually here for my hubby who just finished his last day of work today for the summer. This is exciting and good, however, as far as the budget it stinks. We hit a dead stand still. We will hurt just to make enough to pay the bills. But we will survive, we will make it. We are blessed that God has brought a few kids into the picture for me to watch, and maybe even share God's Word with. I see a wonderful summer ahead of us.
If you get a brief moment to pause I ask that you pray for my friends, my sisters in Christ who are hurting tremendously over the loss of their babies. Their names are Lisa (and Logan), Amanda (and Gracelynn and Madilynn), and Carla (and her baby boy). Thanks for the prayers.

I am excited to be back blogging. And by the way...... I still haven't bought bread from a bakery or store. I have made my own for 2 months now. Yahoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! That is bread, french bread, rolls, bagels, muffins, english muffins, etc.... Loving it! Especially the bread maker that does all the kneading for me.

Have a great weekend. I know that we will as we are getting the sun and some mid to high 80 degree weather. See you next week with Monday Madness!!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot imagine what these mothers are going through. What a great friend you are--I will definitely be praying for them. So very heartbreaking.

    Wahoooo on baking all your bread!! Keep it up--you're doing great! ;)

    ReplyDelete