Swag Bucks

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our Story

After ten years of marriage and eleven years with accumulating debt, we have had enough! We have chosen a different way of living so we can free ourselves from the bondage of this debt. Our debt has controlled us long enough! Now we control our money!
I am not exactly sure what was different this time. This time the stress was overwhelming. Living from "paycheck to paycheck" with "too much month left after the money is gone" was becoming unbearable.

I got talking to someone a while back about money and debt. I got overwhelmed at the thought of our debt. She told me her story, then I told her ours. She had SO much information. She gave me so much encouragement and pushed us to purchase the book we had been poking around at for a few weeks. She swore that even WE could become debt free.
Long story short, we got online and ordered "The Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey.

The reason I blog is to share our story. I am not afraid of where we are anymore. Do I like the numbers we see? Not one bit, but I am convinced that we will see those numbers shrink. And rather quickly. I am also convinced, and trust me when I say, that if we can do this, anyone can.
We lie to ourselves in order to not have to hold ourselves accountable for our irresponsible spending. We are deceived into believing lies that are told to us regarding credit. But no more! Our journey has begun and it is going to be a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment