Swag Bucks

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hurdles

Of course I am sitting here with hesitation to even writing. Yesterday was the day we were going to finally be able to meet the buyer of our vehicle, hand over those keys and wohoo, be a step closer to our goal. As we all know, God sometimes has other plans. A lot of times I think I have it planned out, worked out and went over all the details in between. Yesterday on my way home from doing childcare at a local Bible study, I got into an accident. In the car we were about to sell. It WAS sold. It had been sold for four days. We had tried to get it all transferred over on Saturday but time didn't permit. Unbelievable! Of course after the adrenaline past it was a very emotional day. Once I realized that both parties were involved were okay, I was devastated. I instantly said, Okay God. I am not sure where this is going but I KNOW that you had a reason. Maybe it was a lesson, maybe it was in his plan to have us in the large vehicle and not the small car that day. Maybe it is Satan's way of trying to discourage us in our journey. I choose to look at the positive. I know that there will be many things that will come up. Ron and I are calling them "hurdles". We have had some little ones already but this was a big one. For the time being it is big.

We have also learned over the past week that we are going to need to budget more or something into that extra fund. We have had a few things come up that were not scheduled and have taken some cash. So that is something that we get to reevaluate. We are patiently waiting for the next paycheck so we can pay down debt.

~Trying to be good stewards!~

No comments:

Post a Comment